Instead of giving students special right triangles
to memorize, it’ll be more meaningful for your students to see determine the relationships of sides of special right triangles. This inquiry activity is meant to help students in both deducing the sides of special right triangles and remembering how to apply this rule.
Included in this resource:
- 2 inquiry activity options for deducing the sides of special right triangles (1 requires knowledge of Pythagorean theorem)
- Formal notes for after inquiry
- Practice problems
- 2 versions of each of the above - one for interactive notebooks and one for classrooms that do not use interactive notebooks
- Answer Key
Geometry resources include:
- Distance and Midpoint formula Interactive Notebook
- Distance and Midpoint formula Math Detective Activity
- Complementary and Supplementary Angles Interactive Notebook and Card Sort
- Complementary and Supplementary Angles Treasure Hunt
- Parallel and Perpendicular Lines Card Sort Station Activity
- Geometry Constructions Notes and Inquiry (coming in September 2016)
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (all about teaching math).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.