Looking for a fun
activity that is self=checking, collaborative and practices finding the sides of special right triangles? This is a set of 15 problems that need to be cut apart, reassembled in the correct order and fastened together like a chain until the end is reached.
Each of the links has a special right triangle with a measure on one of the sides and an answer to a previous problem . Students will need to find the measures and look for the link which has the correct answers. or as my students solve all the problems first and then match up.
Students begin with the link marked start and continue until they are out of links. If students are struggling, teacher can let students know which is the last link.
Each links also have a letter, teacher can quickly identify student progress by using the check word. Or teacher can look at the links in order.
To finish the lesson, use the included exit cards, which can be randomly assigned to students to check their understanding.
✂3 pages of student "chains"
✂18 exit cards
• Special Right Triangles Corner Collaboration
• Solving Right Triangles with Pythagorean Thm Integer Answers Matching Card Set
• Solving Right Triangles using Pythagorean Theorem Matching Card Bundle
• Solving Right Triangles using Pythagorean Thm Radical Answers Matching Card Set
• Pythagorean Theorem Paper Chain Activity
• Pythagorean Theorem Corner Collaboration
• Pythagorean Theorem BOOM Cards