This lesson contains everything you need to introduce or review Specialized Cells including the hierarchy of cells, cells, tissue, organs, organ systems, and organisms. This package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), an auto-graded Exit Ticket, THREE videos, and a student lesson handout as a document. The presentation is fun and applicable with many opportunities for inquiry-based learning and discussion.
In order, the lesson covers:
- Hierarchy of Cells
- Specialized Cells
- Organ Systems
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- 3 videos embedded into the presentation
- An auto-graded Exit Ticket and a separate quiz with an answer key
- Student lesson handout
- "The only change I had to make was lengthening the lines on the student worksheet. Thanks for making my job easier!"
- "Awesome resource!"
- "Thanks, my students enjoyed the graphics and listening guides, It saved me hours of finding the info myself! Win Win!"
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
This lesson is part of my Biology - Cells and Body Systems Unit which includes the following Lessons plus many activities, assessments, etc.
- The Cell Theory
- Cell Structure
- The Importance of Cell Division
- Cancer: Uncontrolled Cell Division
- Specialized Cells
- Human Digestive System
- Circulatory System
- Respiratory System
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning, and everything in between.