Speciation Doodle Diagrams
This set of guided notes with biology doodles on Speciation can be little anchor charts for your student to keep in their notebook! Using these pages, students can color, doodle, and make connections within the material as they takes notes in class.
This topic is usually introduced in the evolution unit of biology class.
There are 3 student pages:
1. A page that discusses the definition of species, the general process of speciation, and gradualism vs punctuated equilibrium.
2. A page all about allopatric speciation, tying together the mechanisms of evolution (genetic drift, no gene flow, natural selection, etc).
3. A page about different speciation types, including peripatric, parapatric, and sympatric speciation.
Please see the preview and read the description carefully to see what is included.
Google Slides versions of the notes are now included! Students and teachers can "write" on them using Kami/Google Slides! Terrific for Distance Learning because teachers can write on them with the app Kami while showing their screen. They are also short and to-the-point, a fast way to get material across in a short amount of time. They also have terrific on-page diagrams to help students understanding complex concepts.)
Included in the PDF file:
* Student Sample (3 pages)
* Teacher Tips/Discussion Tips (4 pages)
* Teacher Answer Key (3 pages)
* Teachers Answer Key for Fill in Blank Version
* Three different options for student pages (3 different options of the same student pages, including a fill-in-the-blank version for differentiation)
* One exit ticket included
This resource is part of my Biology Doodle Notes bundle!
Check out the bundle for more fun topics you can teach all year long!
Would you like homework pages to help your students review what they've learned in class?
Check out my Biology Homework Pages here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us on the question and answer section of my store and we will get back to you quickly!
Purchasing my teaching resources allows you to:
* make copies for your .
* place this file on your (Blackboard, Google Drive, etc) AS LONG AS no other teacher has access to that class webpage. This resource is for you, the purchaser, alone.
You are not allowed to distribute this digital resource to other teachers or post this resource on any webpage or server that is available for public view. If you and a team of teachers would like to use this resource together, please purchase additional licenses on the resource purchase page.
Files are partially or fully non-editable to protect the images that are copyrighted and purchased through licenses. Thanks for understanding!
© Bethany Lau
All Rights Reserved.