**REVISED 4/25/15 to include practice sheets for 100 K-1 Dolch words.
This 291-page download includes cooperative activities and engaging games to help young children strengthen their sight word knowledge. The ideas are complete, yet also adjustable so you can tailor them to specific sight words your children know or are learning.
The activities will work with most sets of words you're studying. They include many words from the K-1 Dolch lists, plus additional high-frequency words and words with predictable spelling patterns.
The contents include:
• Take Ten (an alternative version of Hangman)
• Tag It, Tell It, Trade It (a cooperative game of "laser tag"... very fun)
• Rummage the Room (a scavenger hunt with a fun twist)
• Wild Words (a "Making Words" card game)
• Making Books (strategic and metacognitive sight word projects for young readers)
• I Have... Who Has? (using common sight words)
• Trading Cards (three interactive sight word trading card games)
• Find-Someone-Who Sheets (cooperative sight word practice)
• Sight Word Word Searches
• Additional Student Practice Sheets for 100 Dolch Words
Some of these activities can be used as literacy centers, as well as whole-class and in small instructional groups.
Your children will enjoy reviewing known words and practicing new words with these fun, developmentally appropriate activities.
Thank you for your interest in this item.
Happy teaching! :)
Resources to Help Develop Strong Spellers:
Building a First Grade Word Wall
Spectacular Sight Words Mega Pack
Fun K-1 Sight Word Hunts
Making Words Bundled Set (50+ Lessons)
I Have - Who Has Sight Word Games
I Have - Who Has Word Families
Bossy "e" BUMP!
Super Sounds! (Practicing Blends, Digraphs, Diphthongs, and Vowels)
Portable Writing Offices: Resources for Independence
Come CONNECT with Me!
My Teaching Blog: Creating Readers and Writers
My Pinterest Boards: Andrea Knight on Pinterest
My Facebook Page: Creating Readers and Writers on Facebook