Thank you so much for checking out my Space Unit! I have listed below what you will be getting when you purchase this product. Please download the PREVIEW file to get a snapshot as to what all is included. Please note that the preview is exactly that – a preview! It does NOT have all of the pages shown!
What am I getting?
1. An Anchor Text (810 Lexile)
2. A Student Mini-Book to accompany the anchor text – the mini-book is on an approachable level for 1st grade students.
3. 4 Concept Maps
4. Vocabulary Cards
5. 5 Experiments/Demonstrations – All with an accompanying worksheet/recording sheet
6. My Night Sky Diary Homework Mini-Book
7. Collaborative Grouping Cards
8. Space Test
9. 5 Math Centers – Focusing on: Addition, Subtraction, Tens Frame Card Game, Measuring, and Counting
10. 5 Literacy Centers – Focusing on: Sentence Structure, Long and Short Vowel Sounds, Past/Present/Future Tense Verbs, Singular/Plural Nouns/Pronouns, and Root Words/Suffixes
11. Various Worksheets and Recording Sheets to accompany centers and anchor text.
NEWLY ADDED- 3-17-13
12. Alien Craftivity with Writing Extension & Graphic Organizer
13. Rocket Craftivity with Writing Extension & Graphic Organizer
Common Core Standards Addressed:
1.RIT.1 – Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
1.RIT.2 – Identify the main topic and retell key details of a text.
1.SL.1 – Participate in collaborative conversations with diverse partners about grade 1 topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
1.SL.2 – Ask and answer questions about key details in a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media.
1.L.6 – Use words and phrases acquired through conversations, reading and being read to, and responding to texts…
1.OA.6 – 3 Centers 1.RFS.1 – 1 Center
1.NBT.1 – 1 Center 1.RFS.2 and 1.RFS.3 – 1 Center
1.MD.1 – 1 Center 1.L.1 – 2 Centers
1.L.4 – 1 Center
Next Generation Sunshine State Standards Addressed:
SC.1.E.5.1 - Observe and discuss that there are more stars in the sky than anyone can easily count and that they are not scattered evenly in the sky.
SC.1.E.5.2 - Explore the Law of Gravity by demonstrating that Earth's gravity pulls any object on or near Earth toward it even though nothing is touching the object.
SC.1.E.5.3 - Investigate how magnifiers make things appear bigger and help people see things they could not see without them.
SC.1.E.5.4 - Identify the beneficial and harmful properties of the Sun.
As always, if you have any problems/concerns or questions about my product, please contact me at email@example.com. Positive feedback is always appreciated as are new followers!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License