This product contains a PowerPoint on Speculative Investment Types.
• Identify risk and return potential based upon given investment vehicles.
• Differentiate between good and bad investment types.
The PPT will cover:
• Risk vs. return
• Real estate as an investment
• Speculative Investments: Futures/commodities, Precious metals, Collectibles, Viaticals, and Day trading
• Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Questions to ask during the presentation:
• How is investing different than saving?
• What is liquidity? What is an example of something liquid? Illiquid?
• What makes something a good or bad investment?
• What are examples of collectibles that you have seen?
• How would the liquidity of a precious metals mutual fund compare to purchasing actual gold coins?
o Which option would carry more risk? Why?
• What is the most important thing you have learned about investments?
• How is risk related to return? How is liquidity related to return?
• How does inflation factor into investing?
• How can you make money investing?
• How does investment philosophy change throughout your lifespan?
This product is part of my Investing Unit. You may also like these other products from the unit:Hands-on Investment Pyramid
Intro to Investing PPT
Stocks and Bonds Lesson Plan
Mutual Fund Lesson Plan
Creating an Investment Portfolio for a Client and Question Set
Investment and Retirement Test
Save $$$ by purchasing this product as part of the Investing Unit Bundle
or Investing and Retirement Unit Bundle