Speech Blocks TRIO Bundle an UN-Stacking Speech Therapy Game!
Mats for articulation, language, and fluency!
I love playing stacking blocks (such as Tumbling Towers or JengaTM) in therapy but my students often got frustrated with how easy it is to knock over (and some of my students would knock it over or bump the table on purpose). I wanted to figure out a way to play this game without as much frustration! This is how my "Blocks" game companions were born!!
This BUNDLE contains the following products: (if you own one of these products, do not buy this bundle!) Click below to find out more about each product.
• Articulation Blocks!
• Language Blocks!
• Fluency Blocks!
The language version contains the following targets:
• Categories (name the category, name items in a category, which one doesn’t belong)
• Compare/Contrast (with 2 options: same/different on separate tiles or same/different on the the same tile).
• Vocabulary (naming item from a description)
• Wh-Questions (who, what, when, where, why, how, and mixed)
• Defining (with visual cues: what category, what does it do, what does is look like, what is is made of, what do you do with it).
• Describing (with five senses visual cues)
• -ing Verbs
• Regular Past Tense
• Irregular Past Tense Verbs
• Regular Plurals
• Irregular Plurals
• Following Directions (1, 2, & 3 steps)
• Fix the Sentences (sentence absurdities & subject-verb agreement)
• Multiple Meaning Words
• Social Situations (what would you say or do?)
• Blank Templates (Name the Category, Wh Questions, Following Directions, Defining, Describing, Fix the Sentence, Idioms, and a generic blank template).
76 Total Mats!
The articulation version contains the following targets:
• /p/ initial, medial, & final position
• /b/ initial, medial, & final position
• /m/ initial, medial, & final position
• /w/ initial, medial position
• /n/ initial, medial, & final position
• /t/ initial, medial, & final position
• /d/ initial, medial, & final position
• /k/ initial, medial, & final position
• /g/ initial, medial, & final position
• /ng/ final position
• y initial position
• /h/ initial position
• /l/ initial, medial, final position, & blends
• /s/ initial, medial, final position, & blends
• /v/ initial, medial, & final position
• /ch/ initial, medial, & final position
• /sh/ initial, medial, & final position
• j initial, medial, & final position
• /th/ initial, medial, & final position
• pre-vocalic r
• vocalic /r/ (er, ar, or, air, ire, ear, rl)
(also includes carrier blocks)
The fluency version covers the following strategies:
• Full and Easy Breath (5 levels)
• Light Contact (3 levels)
• Stretching (3 levels)
• Easy Starts (easy onsets) (3 levels)
• Slow Down/Pacing (3 levels)
• Pausing/Phrasing (3 levels)
• There are also carry over mats (4 different mats)
This product also comes with pre-teaching tools such as cards, mini-posters, and visuals. It is important that you pre-teach the strategies before you play the game
Each strategy card gives a kid friendly description and a practice task. I also provide additional tips for each strategy (other activities to try).
Do you only need the Articulation and Language Versions? I have a BUNDLE just for that too!
Articulation & Language Blocks BUNDLE!
I also have one more blocks product that is perfect for carry over skills.