Make a pan of cookies while practicing articulation and language skills! This activity was designed to be a simple, no-prep activity to target articulation and language in an engaging way. BOOM Cards versions available with this purchase for a digital option (great for teletherapy, distance learning, or a no print option).
- The articulation version comes with 2 printable files: Regular & EASY cut (the easy cut has dotted line boxes around the cookies for easier cutting). Also includes a digital BOOM Card version with a BONUS feed the bear game!
- The language version comes with 1 printable craft PDF and a link for a digital BOOM Card version.
I LOVE doing crafts in speech therapy but I also love having no prep materials like this to make it easy! Designed for an elementary caseload but can be used with older students depending on interest.
- The articulation version includes the following sounds: Initial/final p/b/m (for bilabials and final consonants); final: t, d, n (for final consonants); initial h, w, y; VC/CV/CVC/CVCV; initial/medial/final: k, g, f, v, l, s, z, sh, ch, j, th, lblends (initial/medial), initial sblends (sp, st, sm, sn, sk, sl, sw, mixed), final sblends; pre-vocalic r, er, or, ar, air, ear, & rblends (initial/final); 3 syllables/4 syllables/5 syllables, and complex clusters. I also included blank open-ended pages. It comes in a regular and easy cut version. I use the easy cut version for students who need the cutting guides (dotted line boxes around the cookies).
- The language version includes the following targets: categories (name the category, name items in a category), which one doesn’t belong, compare/contrast, positional vocabulary, action words, antonyms, synonyms, wh-questions, object functions, associations, adjectives, past tense (regular & irregular), plurals (regular & irregular, multiple meaning words, simple analogies, idioms, and simple sequences. It was designed for an elementary caseload.
Print version: Articulation: Print out a cookie sheet page for every student in the group (page 5 of the download). Print out the cookie pages with the target sounds needed for each student. I have the students color the pan first so that they are ready to put the toppings on (or you can have them color it in between turns to keep their hands busy). The student will color and practice each target word on the cookies. The student will cut out the cookies out and practice the words again. The student will glue each cookie on the sheet and practice the word one more time!
Language: Print out a cookie page for every student in the group (page 5 of the download). Print out the cookie sheet pages with the target skill needed for each student. The student will practice each target word on the cookie sheet and then tape a cookie over it on the top edge. I have my students color the cookies in between turns to keep them busy! You can also glue the cookies but I like to tape them on the top edge so the student can lift them up to show their caregiver and review later! It makes a fun lift a flap craft at the end!
BOOM Cards: Articulation: This is a simple drilling game for articulation practice. I designed this to be quick and simple (not a complex game). The student will drag a cookie to the cookie sheeting practice the word underneath it (the therapist will determine the number of trials).I also included an open-ended card and a BONUS game. The BONUS game is a Feed the Bear game. The students will drag the cookies to the bear’s mouth. I use this as a reward or extra practice (the student will think of a word with their target sound for each one of the bonus cookies).
Language: The student will drag cookies on the cookies sheet and practice a language or vocabulary task. This was designed to be a simple activity (not a complex game). I also included an open-ended card and a BONUS game. The BONUS game is a Feed the Bear game. The students will drag the cookies to the bear’s mouth. I use this as a reward or extra practice. Please note: The BOOM card targets may vary slightly from the print version. BOOM Card link is located on page 3 of the download
Please note: The BOOM card targets may vary slightly from the print version.
Looking for BOOM Cards only? Check out my store on BOOM learning to purchase!
Please note: This version has almost identical targets to my Christmas Cookie craft project. I had requests to make it non-holiday themed, if you own that product please be advised (click here to see that version).
Before you purchase this you understand the following about BOOM Cards:
- This is not a printable resource, it was designed to use in the Boom Card Program
- To use Boom Cards, you must open at least a FREE Boom Learning account. Free accounts include the ability to generate student progress reports for 5 students and to make up to five decks. Free accounts also allow you to assign Boom Cards to unlimited students (without progress reports) using the Fast Play option available in the Library.
You will need:
- A computer, laptop, tablet, or Chromebook
- An internet browser that is less than 3 years old (OR the free BOOM app)
- A Boom Learning account (FREE!)
- An internet connection that students can use on a computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard to access the games
How to access your purchase:
After you make the purchase, you will download a PDF with instructions and a link. You’ll click the link to add the book to your Boom library (if you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to set up a free one when you click the link).
What does this purchase allow?
One license allows you (one teacher) to use the games with all of your students. You can even assign them as homework if you like. You must purchase an additional license to share it with a co-worker. This PDF must NOT be shared in any way.