Bring the pencil and paper version of this fun summer activity into your speech room!
This no-prep, printer friendly activity is a great way to practice target words at the word-, phrase- and sentence-level!
This download includes 89 worksheets with pages targeting /p, b, m, f, v, θ, ð, t, d, n, s, z, l, ɹ, iɹ, ɛɹ, aɪɹ, ɚ, oɹ, ɑɹ, ʃ, ʒ, tʃ, dʒ, k, g, ŋ, j, w, h/. With the exception of /ð, ŋ, j, w, h/, each speech sound has pages targeting it in word-initial, -medial and -final position as well as mixed sheets. Great for group sessions!
How to Play.
1. Choose a worksheet based on your client’s current articulation goal.
2. Have each player select a different colour writing utensil. (Pencil crayons, medium-tipped markers and N2 pencils work best)
3. Have clients take turns calling out which gate or post they are aiming for, then flicking the writing utensil in that direction.
4. Similar to the rules of real croquet, players cannot start aiming for the next gate until they make it through the one before it.
5. Continue playing until someone has made it all the way around the course.
Alternate ways to play are included in the download :)
Check out a freebie for word-medial /s/:
Speech Croquet Freebie for Word-Medial /s/: Classic Course
If you like this download, you might like:
Speech Croquet for Consonant Clusters: Classic Course