We wrote this book specifically as a resource for teachers. It's designed to help you find the information you need to identity and refer kids who might need help with their communication skills. We also wanted to cover questions that teachers ask us regularly.
What’s in it? The essentials, including:
* when a child should see a speech pathologist
* common child speech sound errors and speech development
* red flags for speech and hearing problems, and adenoid and tonsil issues
* FAQs about language and working memory; auditory processing disorder; behaviour issues and dyslexia
* bilingual language development
* interpreting speech pathology test results
* voice problems
* language and school readiness
* how to tell if an education product is evidence-based.
We don't expect anyone to read this book cover-to-cover. Instead, we intend it to be a resource you can look up as and when needed.
We’ve written most of the articles from the perspective of parents so you can share relevant articles easily and use them as handouts.
For those of you wanting more detail, we've included lots of clickable links and references you can use to locate relevant articles on our website