Transform learning about 38 sounds/phonemes by helping the child visualize and describe Teddy’s own production of sounds! Only Teddy Talker® has this special CUE system built into the visuals of our child-friendly bear to represent these features:
• voice: bowtie red=voice off; bowtie green=voice on
• nasal sounds: honey on Teddy's nose
• windy sounds: breath
As a bonus, each phoneme has a corresponding rhyme that embeds the cues for phonetic placement, describing articulation in simple terms. That's 38 POEMS too!
Your download allows you to
• print Teddy images for individual sounds
• connect phonemes with graphemes instantly
• sequence and manipulate phonemes, ordering consonants and vowels within varied syllable shapes
• make matching games
• enlarge Teddy images for group instruction or RTI
• bookmark your favorites on your iPad to swipe through them
Bring Teddy’s world to life! Introduce some of his wildlife friends and family and develop interesting associations for each sound. Encourage children to draw and write from the poem.
It's fun to produce sounds with Teddy's Mouth Position Cards with Reinforcement Rhymes™!
There are two versions:
· The ALPHABETICAL ORDER sequences identical to the Laminated Mouth Position Cards. This file has the Reinforcement Rhymes which you can print back to back.
· The STAGES OF ACQUISITION sequences the cards by early, middle and later developing consonants along with vowels. This file does NOT have rhymes.
Great for your IPAD or mobile as a download...child make the sound as you swipe through each stage! (This file is aligned with another Teddy product, the Teach Together Toolkit™. The Toolkit has Building Blocks Resource pages and an assessment organized by stages of sound. The images can serve as test stimuli for data collection.) Also, use the download with an app (such as Notability) to highlight or trace Teddy’s mouth positions or alphabet letters on your device.
There is also a Teddy Talker® cueing system chart you can copy as a reference for your lessons, and an instructional manual.
Send these to parents for a fun way to practice sounds with Teddy, too!
Use these cards for visual support alone or with all our Teddy Talker™ materials!
If you like this tool in Teddy's system, you may also want to follow Teddy's bear tracks to:
Alphabet and Articulation: Teddy Talker™ Alphabet Chart FREE Download