Teddy Talker's™ comprehensive 329 page resource is a unique and completely interactive HOME and SCHOOL learning kit to build connections between speech and early literacy. Help children visualize, construct, and discuss sounds and develop early phonic connections!
Children physically construct sounds using manipulatives for articulators and connect them to print using Teddy. Teddy's articulators move "first in the air, then on the bear!" while producing the sound. Sounds are connected to print with 5 LESSONS FOR EACH OF 38 PHONEMES.
1. Build and Say the sound (with paper Teddy and manipulatives)
2. See and Say the sound (withTeddy mouth picture)
3. Trace and Say the sound (connect sound to letter while tracing)
4. Rhyme related to the sound (Teddy's poem about the sound)
5. Write and Say the sound (write letter from memory while saying the sound.)
There are also generic pages that can be used with any sound to distribute practice across the week.
Once you have taught the lesson, you can send the Toolpage home for extended practice. The family uses the SAME Teddy manipulatives, sounds and cues used in school or specialized settings. You teach together!
The Toolkit provides:
• color and black-white printable versions of Teddy’s Bear Face,
Back of Teddy’s Teeth, articulators and cues to teach Teddy
• Paper bag tongue pattern to demonstrate tongue movements-
visualize and move the tongue "inside" Teddy's mouth!
• 5-6 printables ("Toolpages") specifically designed for each of
• 20 printable generic Toolpages to be used with any sound
• data collection
• information for families: alphabet activities and sound
The kit also embeds early literacy and language experiences such as rhyming, spatial terms and interactive writing in a systematic and engaging way. Learn together with Teddy Talker™ through creative, hands-on and engaging manipulative-based activities!
Teddy and manipulatives are both color and black and white. All Toolpages are black and white with two exceptions: the Teddy Talker Visual Alphabet™ and Honey Pots for Phonemic Awareness are full color.
This printable version is designed for the educator on the go. Use this tool alone or in combination with other Teddy Talker™ products for fun-filled learning! If you like Teddy's Toolkit, you may also want to follow Teddy's bear tracks to:
Articulation: Teddy Talker™ Mouth Position Cards with Reinforcement Rhymes
Articulation and Alphabet: Teddy Talker™ B.E.A.R.R. Track Game