This is a helpful activity packet for your older articulation students whom need practice using their words containing the sounds of /L/, /R/, & /S/ Blends beyond the word level.
Here are the directions:
1) The student is asked to look at the illustrated word bank for each later speech sound word and to create a story using them. Every page has 12 word choices. And a page for the initial, medial and final position of words are all provided. It's fun and also helpful to encourage the student to use all 12 words in their story! Cute and creative stories usually result from making this attempt!
2) Next, ask the student to use the illustration box to create a picture representing the story.
3) After that, the student can write out their story and to also give their story a title. Writing lines are provided on each page for this part of the exercise.
4) Then, have the student read their story aloud and to attempt good practice of their later speech sounds in words as they read it.
5) Finally, encourage the student to bring the story home and to read it to their caregivers for continued practice of their later speech sounds in words at the carryover level.
If you love this document, check out our other two Create-A-Story documents!
Speech Therapy Carryover: VOCALIC /R/ CREATE-A-STORY
Speech Therapy Carryover: CREATE-A-STORY FOR /CH/, /L/, /S/, /SH/, & /TH/ Words
We sincerely hope that this document exceeds your expectations and we welcome any and all comments and feedback here at TPT or sent via email. We can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you so much for stopping by our Twin Speech, Language & Literacy TPT shop today. We wish you all well and appreciate your support very much!
Shanda Gaunt, M.S. CCC-SLP
Manda Riebel, M.A. CCC-SLP
Twin Speech, Language & Literacy LLC
Come visit us over at our blog! We always have fun reviews and giveaways going on and we work hard to provide useful information on the subjects of speech, language and literacy for everyone!
Twin Speech, Language & Literacy LLC Blog