This is a helpful activity packet for your older articulation students whom need practice using their vocalic /R/ words beyond the word level.
Here are the directions:
1) The student is asked to look at the illustrated word bank for each vocalic /R/ word and to create a story using them. Every page has 12 word choices. It's fun and also helpful to encourage the student to use all 12 words in their story! Cute and creative stories usually result from making this attempt!
2) Next, ask the student to use the illustration box to create a picture representing the story.
3) After that, the student can write out their story and to also give their story a title. Writing lines are provided on each page for this part of the exercise.
4) Then, have the student read their story aloud and to attempt good practice of their vocalic /R/ words as they read it.
5) Finally, encourage the student to bring the story home and to read it to their caregivers for continued practice of their vocalic /R/ words at the carryover level.
Page 3: Vocalic /R/ Word Lists for sound warm-
up and page 19 (Open-Ended Create-A-Story.)
Pages 4 & 5: /AR/ Create-A-Story
Pages 6 & 7: /ER/ Create-A-Story
Pages 8 & 9: /AIR/ Create-A-Story
Pages 10 & 11: /EAR/ Create-A-Story
Pages 12 & 13: /IRE/ Create-A-Story
Pages 14 & 15: /OR/ Create-A-Story
Pages 16-18: Mixed Vocalic /R/ Create-A-Story
Page 19: Open-Ended Create-A-Story
Page 20: Twin Speech, Language & Literacy LLC and copyright information.
Page 21: Twin Speech, Language & Literacy LLC additional resources.
Page 22: Copyright credit. Please read.
If you found this document useful, than please take a look at our other Create-A-Story Document targeting the later speech sounds! Just click the link:
CREATE-A-STORY FOR /CH/, /L/, /S/, /SH/, & /TH/
We sincerely hope that this document exceeds your expectations and we welcome any and all comments and feedback here at TPT or sent via email. We can be reached at: email@example.com
Thank you so much for stopping by our Twin Speech, Language & Literacy TPT shop today. We wish you all well and appreciate your support very much!
Shanda Gaunt, M.S. CCC-SLP
Manda Riebel, M.A. CCC-SLP
Twin Speech, Language & Literacy LLC
Come visit us over at our blog! We always have fun reviews and giveaways going on and we work hard to provide useful information on the subjects of speech, language and literacy for everyone!
Twin Speech, Language & Literacy LLC Blog