I'm sharing the first assignment I have created as I transition to digital learning due to the COVID-19 social distancing and school closures. This task is for students with receptive, expressive, and/or pragmatic speech/language goals. This resource is a Google Drive resource to be used in Google Classroom. With some minor alterations, the files could also be downloaded to be printed or emailed to students.
I have included instructions for how to set up this lesson in your Google Classroom. Please review the entire instruction page to ensure you set up the task correctly.
- Students complete the mandatory middle box - an EdPuzzle about facial expressions.
- Students complete two other boxes to make a tic-tac-toe. Activities include:
- Feelings idioms
- compare/contrast feelings
- write a story about a misunderstood facial expression
- answer questions about a short article related to stress management
- sorting feelings words
- feelings idioms
- opinion/narrative paragraph
- feeling words context clues task
I appreciate any feedback as I navigate digital distance learning.