Speech Therapy Fluency | Stuttering & Social Skills Activities Using TED Talks
What educators are saying
Struggling to find materials for your middle school and high school students who struggle with stuttering and speech fluency or are in need of social skills support and practice? This resource uses TED Talks that appeal to teens and is the perfect tool to help your students with speech fluency & stuttering challenges, social skills and public speaking skills.
Each of the 8 TED Talks fits easily into a 30-minute session with time for discussion. Each of the lessons can be completed in 2 - 30 minute sessions or a one hour session plus homework if desired.
✅ Each TED talk includes
- TED Talk Link
- Time / Length of Talk
- TED Talk description / summary
- 4 Discussion questions in 3 formats
- Clinician list presented by therapist
- Strips for student participation - used as a pull and answer
- Writing prompts - perfect for writing activity or homework
- 1 Independent activity
- 1 group activity
⭐️ BONUS ACTIVITY: Your students will love the opportunity to make a stress ball - 2 levels
These lessons will have your students engaged and working on their speech fluency, social skills and public speaking skills and having a great time!
✅ This Speech Therapy Fluency and Social Skills resource is perfect for
- Individual speech students or groups
- Middle School & High School students in need of fluency work
- MS & HS students in need of social skills
- Students needing assistance with public speaking
- Fluency or Social Skills Support groups - layout lends itself to 8-10 week support group format
- Therapy sessions to add spice and variety to your sessions
- Substitutes - lesson plan is written out and ready to go
⚠️ IMPORTANT NOTE:
Please note that not every talk is appropriate for every student. Use your own discretion when making selections for therapy!
You might also be interested in: