Most speech therapy homework activities require students to have expressive language abilities, however no expressive language skills are needed for any of the activities this calendar! This year long speech therapy homework calendar contains parent friendly activities caregivers can do at home with young or limited verbal learners. Each week contains activities that target areas of common weaknesses. Simply print off the calendar and activity companions and send them home!
With the exception of the summer months, this calendar has been designed to loosely follow the Kindergarten Curriculum of my school district. I have tried to incorporate a variety of engaging hands on activities that will increase attention, language, fine motor abilities, play skills, and social skills.
This resource includes the following:
- Week 1: targets the vocabulary hot/cold/frozen/melt & directions that contain the exclusionary terms no/not
- Week 2: targets winter vocabulary and snowman activities
- Week 3: targets the letter "o", sight words "I" and "can", some verbs are introduced
- Week 4: continues to target verbs & early money skills
- Week 5: Winter sensory activities
- Week 1: Recognizing numerals 0-4 & sensory bin activities
- Week 2: Patterns with cutting, gluing and following directions
- Week 3: Valentine's Vocabulary, the sight words "I" and "see", & the color pink
- Week 4: Pretend play and teeth vocabulary
- Week 1: Identifying numerals 5-10 and 1-to-1 correspondence
- Week 2: Pronouns
- Week 3: Color green and St. Patrick's Day vocabulary
- Week 4: Sight words "like" and reading activities
- Week 5: Counting, sorting, and fine motor activities
- Week 1: Location words and matching numerals to objects
- Week 2: Spring vocabulary
- Week 3: Letter "e"
- Week 4: Letter "u" and describing words
- Week 5: Sequencing numbers
- Week 1: Animal vocabulary
- Week 2: Identifying a described object and the exclusionary words no/not
- Week 3: Plant vocabulary
- Week 4: Letter /v/ and play skills
- Week 5: Worm vocabulary
- June: ALL OF JUNE IS DEDICATED TO HELPING STUDENTS LEARN A CAREGIVER'S PHONE NUMBER
- Week 1: name recognition and summer vocabulary
- Week 2: body part vocabulary and fine motor skills
- Week 3: play/social skills and descriptive terms "long/short"
- Week 4: play skills, shape vocabulary, location words on/in/under
- Week 5: weather vocabulary
- Week 1: name recognition and descriptive words "hard/soft"
- Week 2: camping vocabulary and pretend play
- Week 3: social skills, beach vocabulary, family recognition
- Week 4: play skills, birthday vocabulary, location words up/down
- Week 5: social bonding and song routines
- Week 1: letter /m/ and concepts "big and little"
- Week 2: color red and location words "over/under"
- Week 3: letter /a/ and descriptive words
- Week 4: color blue and circles
- Week 5: counting 1-5
- Week 1: letter /s/ and color yellow
- Week 2: fall vocabulary and shape vocabulary
- Week 3: letter /i/ and color orange
- Week 4: concepts of hot/cold and counting 1-5
- Week 5: pumpkin/fall vocabulary
- Week 1: letter /p/ and location words on/in
- Week 2: triangles and color brown
- Week 3: print awareness and sorting/categorizing
- Week 4: letter /n/ and location words front/behind
- Week 5: concepts of float/sink
- Week 1: letter /c/ and following one step directions
- Week 2: counting 1-10 and the color green
- Week 3: letter /t/ and sight words "I" and "can"
- Week 4: holiday activities and location words
- Week 5: reading activities
Each month also contains a parent letter. This letter provides caregivers with instructions and a list of supplies that are required for the upcoming month's activities.
I would love it if you would take a second to follow my store. All new products are 50% off for the first 24 hours so it pays to follow me!
If you liked this activity you might also like the following item from my store:
Informal Pragmatic Language Assessment
Speech Therapy Stuttering Activities
Social Language Worksheet Bundle