Ultimate Speech Therapy Tool
Articulation, Idioms, Multi-Meaning Words, Irregular Past Tense
Use this game to target
• Articulation /tʃ/ /ʃ/ /θ/ /ð/ /r/ (initial, medial, final combinations)
• Irregular past tense verbs
• Multi-meaning words
Assign students a color based on the skill they need to target
• Ideal for groups where each student has a different target goal
Play by the rules and pull out blocks while trying not to tumble the tower
• Students targeting the area of articulation should read their word aloud then create a sentence using their word with the target phoneme.
• Students targeting the irregular past tense should read the present tense word on the block then state the irregular past tense that correctly corresponds.
o Students can also create a novel sentence using the irregular past tense.
• Students targeting multi-meaning words should state the two or three meaning of the word presented on the block.
• Students targeting idioms should read the idioms aloud, then state the true meaning.
o Students can also give an example of when and how the idiom would be used.
You must purchase wooden blocks and labels separately.
- Jenga blocks by Hasbro pair well with this download.
You must have access to a color printer.