A FUN take-home activity for your speech therapy students! Speech therapy in a bag! This activity is super easy to prep, all black and white (no color ink!), and crafty without being messy.
Speech in a bag was designed for my students as a home practice activity for winter break, but it can be used any time of the year!
**You will need bags. Either small brown paper lunch bags or standard sized sandwich zip-top plastic bags will work well**
Included in download:
• Directions/ cover page
• Cards to put in the bag (articulation and language skills! - see below for more details)
• Bag labels (to stick on outside of bag)
INCLUDES CARDS FOR THE FOLLOWING:
• Earlier Developing: P, B, M, K, F, V, L, R, S-blends (all in the initial position of words)
• Later Developing: S, Z, CH, SH, J, TH (all word positions - initial, medial, and final)
• Labeled sets of picture articulation cards (10 cards per sound) plus a “draw your own” card for earlier developing sounds
• Word cards (36 cards per sound) with just the typed word - no clipart - for later developing sounds! This makes the activity seem more "grown up" to my older articulation students!
• Categories (naming items in a category)
• Past tense verbs (regular and irregular)
• Plural nouns (regular and irregular)
• Sequencing (short stories for re-telling)
• Social Behaviors (identification of acceptable vs. unacceptable social behaviors)
• Compare and Contrast
• Idioms and Idiom Meanings
How it works:
• Pass out sets of cards based on the skill you are working on and instruct students to decorate them (with crayons or markers) and cut them out. Note: Some of the cards don't have pictures (like the sequencing story cards or compare and contrast) but student can still color in the bubble letters or background of the card while they practice.
• Put the set of cards in a bag.
• Attach the label with directions on the bag (using a stapler, glue, or tape) and send home with student for practice with their parents!
Additional Articulation Fun: I like to send home a 2nd bag with my students and have them fill it with small items from around the house that contain their speech sound. Then, when they return with the bag, we practice our sound as they tell me about all of the items they have brought in! (I’ve included a bag-label for this activity as well)
All graphics were done by my husband, Josh Avren.
Please ask any questions you have prior to purchase by emailing me at email@example.com
HOLIDAY IDEA: You can replace the bag with a stocking to make a fun stocking stuffer speech activity. After you stuff your speech stockings,take them home for practice!
Thank you for stopping by my TPT shop! If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
See more speech therapy awesomeness at PEACHIESPEECHIE.COM
Sign up for the Peachie Speechie Newsletter!
You'll be glad you did :)