Also included in
- Elevate your teaching with this engaging teaching "starter pack" of resources with 3 of my favorite engaging activities for ANY subject:Learning Stations: An engaging way to introduce new content, practice essential skills, review content, + more!Speed Dating for ANY Topic: A discussion rotation actPrice $8.00Original Price $9.25Save $1.25
Are your whole-class discussions flopping? Are you searching for a way to engage ALL of your students? Do you want to mix things up with a new strategy that students will love? If so, then "Speed Dating" to the rescue!
"Speed Dating" is an engaging, student-centered discussion model that is low-prep & high-impact. In this activity, students will rotate through different peers and discussion questions/tasks -- which are up to you!
My students absolutely love it! After my first speed dating lesson, "Speed Debating," I knew I had to find a way to do this lesson again. So speed discussion was born...literary analysis speed dating...peer feedback speed dating...the list goes on! My point is this: This lesson can work for just about ANYTHING! If you can determine at least 15 discussion prompts/mini-tasks, then you are set.
This resource will help you create your own speed dating lesson. It's editable and SO SIMPLE! All you have to do is plug in your own questions, and if necessary, edit the description/exit ticket.
When you purchase this resource, you will receive the following:
-Ideas for Use
-Student Recording Sheet with Exit Ticket
-Folding Question/Topic Cards
Love this resource? Check out my other speed dating resources:
- Speed Debating: Persuasive Activity - Practice Debate & Ethos, Pathos, & Logos
- Speed Dating for ANY Novel: Engaging Literary Analysis Discussion Activity!
- Back-to-School "Speed Dating" Icebreaker Activity: Build Classroom Community!
- Peer Review Speed Dating Activity - Engaging, Meaningful Peer Feedback!
- American Dream Speed Debating Discussion - Engaging Activity