PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Review a novel, short story unit, or a semester's worth of reading with this fun Speed Dating activity. Integrating acting with study of characterization, plot, and theme, students will be able to take on the role of a character and "speed date" as theme. This in turn, will help peers review others characters in their reading so that they are best prepared to do well on upcoming quizzes, tests, or exams.
- Detailed instructions
- Tips for Success
- Activity Explanation sheet for students
- Character Profile worksheet
- Speed Dating sheet
- Conversation Starters
When using this resource, students will be able to
- Perform character analysis
- Dramatically interpret their character and communicate that with others
- Recall plot details
- Analyze characterization to see how it contributes to a larger theme or message of a work
- Identify places of misunderstanding to help them review and study for future assessments