This power point is covering the concepts of SPEED, VELOCITY AND ACCELERATION.
All above terms look similar to each other at a first glance but still they are different from each other and somehow related to each other. So the basic idea of the difference between them is explained in a very smooth manner providing at least 2 to 3 examples for each.
Colorful pictures with each slide will also help students to digest the concept clearly. My students loved this unit with a numerous examples hands on practice while understanding it within the class. It keeps their focus and stay interested. There are total 29 slides in a power point presentation.
BY THE END OF THE UNIT STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO DIFFERENTIATE SPEED, VELOCITY AND ACCELERATION, UNDERSTAND UNITS OF EACH TERMS, UNDERSTAND TYPES OF ACCELERATION AND CALCULATE THE SPEED, VELOCITY AND ACCELERATION OF AN OBJECT.
This PowerPoint is FULL of discussion questions to engage your students and hold their attention.
THE FOLLOWING TOPICS ARE COVERED:
1. Basic difference between speed and velocity
2. How to calculate speed with an example & unit of speed
3. Average speed and how to calculate avg. speed with an example.
4. Two examples as an exercise based on SPEED with answer key.
5. Definition of velocity
6. Explanation about acceleration with its unit.
7. How change in speed is done? and how it is connected to acceleration?
8. Types of acceleration and calculation of each type of it with an example. 1. Constant acceleration 2. Average acceleration 3.Deceleration
9. Exercise FOUR different questions that students have to solve at the end of this unit. Answer key of the same is also included at last.