Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.97 MB | 11 pages
Speed and Force – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to speed and force terminology (speed, velocity, force, acceleration, inertia, friction,and gravity)
• Point of reference explained
• How to define speed
• Explanation of velocity
• Force and motion change
• How friction affects motion
• Two factors determining the pull of gravity
The last 2 slides are white-background slides used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity one has students identifying terminology through a matching activity. Terms included are position, velocity, force, inertia, friction, speed, acceleration, frame of reference, and gravity.
• Activity two has students calculating speed, distance, and time questions with two pieces of information given per question. Formulas appear on the page along with a calculation area..