Here you will find:
• 4 Illustrated stories for the Long E sound (Power Point)
• The Long E Picture Match Activity
• The Long E Word Match Activity
• The Long E Write Your Own Story Template
• The Long E Word Hunt Activity
• The Long E Picture Snap Game
• Long/Short Sound activity
Each activity is designed to encourage students to recognise and use the different spelling patterns for the Long E Sound. The aim is to help the students become aware of the different spelling choices and give them the confidence to ‘have a go’.
Please visit http://www.spellbypatterns.com to find out how I use the spelling stories in my classroom. You will also find more spelling activities and strategies.