Do you need FUN spelling activities for any list of words? These no-prep drag & block blocks are perfect for centers, individual or group practice, or a home school setting. These PowerPoint alphabet building blocks work for any word list and may even be used for assessments for students with fine motor impairments.
A Google Slides version is also available and may be assigned with Google Classroom. These lessons were designed by a Google for Education Certified Educator | Level 1.
Ways to Use Helpful Word Builder Spelling Blocks
- Blocks are perfect for identifying consonants and vowels. Vowel blocks are green while consonant blocks are blue. Both green and blue blocks are included for the letter "y".
- Use blocks for spelling quiz/pretest to identify students needing intervention.
- Blocks may be used in conjunction with picture cards as prompts for assigned spelling words.
- Alphabetical order. Consider having students “build” each spelling word on a different slide. Then working in "slide sorter" or "grid" mode, drag & drop each word into alphabetical order.
- Blocks may be used for spelling assessments for students with fine motor impairments.
Lesson includes 25 word builder slides which may be used over & over.
Note: License gives purchasing teacher the rights to make 25 copies for use with one classroom. Students may be assigned a "fresh copy" for each assignment. Additional licenses may be purchased at a reduced rate.
- Going to Music | A Social Story for Successful Mainstreaming is a FREE, editable social story to help students who struggle with transitions. The story may be customized to fit any classroom situation.
- Classroom Management | Friendly Reminder Songs is for the teacher who would like to integrate songs into their classroom routines. These songs have been designed to use "on the fly" when needed. A singing classroom is a happy classroom.
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.