Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
3.4 MB | 24 pages
I have always found that a game of Bingo is a great way to get students engaged in spelling and is a wonderful tool for developing students vocabulary.
The smart notebook contains basic instructions, 16 word lists with 36 CVC and sight words on each list.
I have also made two different sized game cards 3x3 and 4x4 with 2 cards per page to try and reduce the amount of paper needed. The game cards have been made both in colour and without for those who need to save on ink, they also come with and without writing guidelines.
How it works:
1) Show students the instruction page and inform/remind them of the different ways they can win using the visuals provided.
2) On the list page, select which list you would like to use by simply clicking on its box.
3) Students fill in their game card using words displayed on the list chosen. While each list starts with 36 words you can make each list smaller if required by clicking on the dropdown arrow, all the words in the list will still be there, but students will have a smaller list to select from.
4) Once students have filled in all squares on their game card you can start the game. Each time you click select and a random word will be chosen
5) When someone has bingo, check their game card. Please ensure that the 'no repeat' remains ticked so you can keep track of what words are selected in each round
6) If they are correct, a new round can be started by clicking reset.
*New casual teachers please note: There may not always be enough time to printout/photocopy game cards, That is why this is a handy resource because as long as you have access to a computer and scrap paper, this game can be quickly implemented. Simply fold scrap paper into 16ths and you have a makeshift game card.