HOW DO YOU PLAY?
In this face-paced 20-30 minute cooperative learning language arts activity, teams of students work together to spell out words from combinations of letters which are placed on the front and back of their bodies. Standing in a row, the students must turn forward or backward to display a needed letter and align themselves correctly to spell the challenge word. The first team to acquire 10 Word Cards wins the game.
• Detailed Instructions for Teachers
• Simplified Instructions for Students
• Assembly Instructions and Photos
• 117 Printable Word Cards
• 6 Printable Pairs of Letter “Bibs”
U Turn games* unite three major qualities desired in educational game fun—social interaction, simple physical involvement, and the satisfaction of a quickly solved cooperative learning puzzle. Put away those sleepy trivia and dictionary games; toss the dice and cards. There is no “bored” in this game, where the most important playing piece is YOU – the participants! You won’t be disappointed when “U turn” to this game for wild and wacky group fun!
• Teams consist of 4 to 6 students and can be customized to accommodate as many teams as desired.
• Word cards can be selected to match the ability of the participants.
• U Turn is a socially interactive, intellectually stimulating and physically engaging group activity.
• Use this exciting party game outside the classroom, too! Take it to family reunions; game night with friends; team-building work activities; and child or adult parties.
*Add “U Turn Plus” to your collection for a math version of this game.