6 spelling games for upper elementary students, or equivalent spelling ability of ‘Words Their Way’ Derivational Relations Stage. The games focus on prefixes, suffixes, Greek roots, Latin Roots and words ending in ‘cian/ tion/ sion’.
This bundle includes the following games:
1. Catch a Star – A game board with 56 cards with words containing the prefixes ‘uni, sub, ex, tri’. For example, ‘unicorn, exclude, subway, tricycle’.
2. Snakes and Prefixes – A game board with 56 cards with words containing the prefixes ‘pre,mis,re,un’. For example, ‘preview, misread, rewrite, uncommon’.
3. Snakes and Suffixes – A game board with 56 cards with words containing the suffixes ‘est, ful, ness, less’. For example, biggest, beautiful, kindness, colorless’.
4. ‘Frustration – A Game of Ups and Downs’ – A Snakes and Ladders style game where students need to spell words ending in ‘cian/ tion/ sion’.
5. Go Fish – Latin Roots – 40 cards where students need to collect 4 words with latin derivatives correctly.
6. Go Fish – Greek Roots – 40 cards where students need to collect 4 cards with the Greek derivatives correctly.
The games can be printed in color, or black and white.
There is an extra slide for the British/ American spelling for 'colorful'.