Is spelling homework driving you crazy? Is the preparation of it eating up all of your precious time? Then here is the answer for you ….
39 weeks of spelling lists to cover your teaching year.
Word families and high frequency words.
Two levels – A and B.
This resource is provided in two formats:
* An editable WORD document – adjust it to suit you! Add dates, change spelling to suit your part of the world, etc.
* A PDF document – print it out as it is and write dates on before photocopying and giving to your students.
39 WORD FAMILIES
an, at, it, et, ig, in, all, ing, ot, op, un, ay, ook, est, ell, ame, ake, ide, ip, ock, uck, ump, unk, ap, ail, ain, ick, ill, ash, ink, ate, ug, eat, ice, ank, ine, oke, ope, ack.
EXAMPLE – word family ‘OP’:
Word family – top, pop, shop, chop, drop, stop
High frequency – but, was
Word family – all of level A words, plus: topple, develop, floppiest, galloping, lopsided, scallop.
High frequency - when, what, who, where, why
UK OR USA SPELLING?
The lists are made using UK spelling but the WORD document is editable so if there are any words that need altering, it’s easy peasy!
What do I do?
Simply send the 10 week list home with the student at the beginning of the term. Ask them to keep it somewhere safe. The student refers to this list each week to learn the words. Test the students on this list at the end of each week.
No more …
* lists with spelling mistakes.
* lists with untidy printing.
* excuses about lists left at home/school.
* random lists full of words without a spelling focus.
* sitting up till midnight or using your weekends to prepare spelling lists.
© Suzanne Welch Teaching Resources
Earn TpT credits by providing feedback on this product after you purchase it. These credits can be used to lower the cost of your future purchases.
Follow me by clicking on the green star next to my store logo. You will receive notifications about upcoming sales in my store, my new products, freebies, etc.