Spelling Ninja is a spelling program designed using the 220 Dolch Sight Words.
The various belts/levels change in difficulty (i.e. White Belt Level 4 is more difficult than Yellow Belt Level 1), thus giving students independent opportunities within each belt for success AND a personal challenge!
This program is designed for teachers that do not prescribe to formal spelling teaching and dictation tests, but do feel there is a need for the learning of spelling beyond a modern day, sole reliance on 'Spell Check.' This program is designed for students to independently work through the various Belts/Levels at their own pace, complete a variety of practice activities, and be accountable for their own learning and testing.
This program has great potential of fitting into your literacy block, Daily 5 schedule, or as an "early finishers" task for students throughout the day!
***This 88 Page Package Includes***
- All 220 Dolch words separated into various Belts/Levels
- Suggested practice activities (use, add to, etc. as you see fit for your classroom)
- SPELLING CITY login information (all Belt/Level word lists have been entered into Spelling City for online practice and fun! Login information is included in the package for you)
- Testing sheets
- Marking page overlay (to be photocopied onto transparency paper and perfectly lines up over testing sheet for students to independently mark their testing page)
- Tracking page - for students to track the various practice activities they are completing for each belt/level (section for teacher/parent/adult initials to help monitor what activities are being completed)
- Ninja cutout (students can colour and personalize)
- Belt cutout (belts that can be coloured/added to ninja with belt progression)
This program is designed using the Dolch words, and is recommended for the primary grades, but you know your students best! Any struggling speller can benefit from independently working through the Spelling Ninja program :)