This unit contains 51 phonograms that form CVC/CVCC words. They are the most common spelling patterns that produce short-vowel sounds. The packet is designed to move students through the 3 repeated learning phases - Read It, Record It and Recall It.
Included in this packet are:
- ab, ob, ub / ad, ed, id, od / ag, ig, og, ug / am, im, um
- an, en, in, un / ap, ip, op / at, et, it, ot, ut
- ack, ick, ock, uck / ell, ill / amp, ump
- and, end / ang, ing, ung / ank, ink, unk / ent, unt
- ash, ast, est, ust / aft, ift, uff
For ESL students in particular, this packet will provide them with a solid background on how short and easy English words are formed by adding initial consonants, blends and digraphs to phonograms.
Educators can also use this product to review the phonics concept as well as to highlight the 'inconsistent' pronunciation that frequently occurs in English.