Do you need to add variety to your spelling practice routine? This packet offers you 38 fun, engaging and educational activities that will ensure that boring spelling practice is a thing of the past! These activities can be used for homework, group work and centers.
The worksheets can be used with any word list, all you have to do is PRINT and GO! Most templates include options for 10 and 15 word spelling lists, and some can be used for any number of words.
- Write in the Rainbow (Write each spelling word in a different colored rainbow arch using the rainbow colors.)
- Graffiti Wall (Write spelling words on the wall in graffiti.)
- Put it in the Box (Write spelling words in the letter boxes. Then use a crayon or marker to trace the letter boxes around the words.)
- Fidget Spiral (Use different colored pens, pencils or markers and write spelling words in the fidget spiral.)
- Spiderweb Spelling (Use different colored pens, pencils or markers and write spelling words in the spider web.)
- Scribble Spelling (Use different colored pens, pencils or markers and write spelling words in the scribbles. Use a different color for every area.)
- Hangman Spelling (Use spelling words to play Hangman with a friend - Instructions included)
- Dive into the Dictionary (Look up each spelling word in the dictionary. Write the word, the part of speech and definition. Use the spelling word in a sentence and then draw a picture to illustrate the word.)
- Spelling Trio (Write a spelling word; Draw a picture of the word; Use the spelling word in a sentence.)
- Acrostic-Tastic (Write spelling words from top to bottom, each in their own box. Write an acrostic poem with the beginning letters.)
- What Letters? (Write spelling words in a box. Then count and write how many consonants (c), Vowels (V) and syllables (S) there are in each word.)
- Rainbow Roll & Write (Roll the dice and write each spelling word according to the color.)
- Rainbow Write (Write each letter of your spelling words a different color of the rainbow OR Write each word a different color.)
- Spelling Magic (Write words with a white crayon. When done, paint or color over the words with markers.)
- Funky Fonts (Use a paperclip and a pencil to spin. Spin the spinner and write the word in the font that the spinner lands on.)
- Spin and Spell (Use a paperclip and a pencil to spin. Spin the spinner and write the spelling words that matches the number spun.)
- Movie Magic Spelling (Create a movie by writing each spelling word in their own block and draw a picture that goes with the word.)
- Pyramid Spelling (Write spelling words in pyramid form by adding one letter at a time to each line.)
- Spiral Spelling (Write each spelling word in their own spiral.)
- Battleship Spelling (Play the game Battleship Spelling with a friend - instructions included)
- Graph Your Words (Write spelling words at the bottom in every column. Count the number of letters in each word and color the number of blocks accordingly.)
- Type it Out (Write spelling words down in the table. Then type spelling words on the printed keyboard below.)
- Syllable Sort (Write spelling words down in the table. Then count how many syllables and sort the words in the table at the bottom. Worksheets are included for 1 & 2 syllables; 1-3 syllables; 1-4 syllables; 1-5 syllables.)
- ABC Order (Write out spelling words from the list. Then write them in ABC order.)
- Measuring Magic (Write spelling words. Count the letters in the spelling words and write them down from shortest to longest word.)
- Write it out 3 Times (Write each spelling word three times using a pencil, crayon and marker).
- Small, Big & Cursive (Write out each spelling word three times using print, capital letters and cursive writing.)
- Small, Big & Fancy (Write out each spelling word three times using print, capital letters and fancy writing.)
- Use it in a Sentence (Write each spelling word in a sentence and the spelling word.)
- Silly Spelling Rhymes (Write the spelling words down. Come up with a real or nonsense rhyming word and write it next to the spelling word. Once done, write a silly short story using at least 2 of the spelling words and rhyming words.)
- Add Them Up (Write the spelling words down. Add up all the letters of each spelling word using the printed Scrabble tiles.)
- Word Search Wizard (Write the spelling words down. Create own word search. Trade papers with a friend to solve their word search.)
- Sign Your Words (Write the spelling words down. Use the printed guide for the American Sign Language alphabet and spell the words.)
- Crack the Code (Write the spelling words down. Then, use the secret code guide to write each spelling word in secret code.)
- Let Your Friend Crack the Code (Write spelling words out of order in secret code. Trade with a friend and crack the code. )
- Show me the Money (Write the spelling words down. Then, use the money guide to determine the value of each word. Compare and contrast by answering the questions.)
- Create a Story (Write the spelling words down. Use all the spelling words and create a story. Then draw a picture about the story.)
- Create a Comic Strip (Write the spelling words down. Write and illustrate your own comic strip using spelling words.)
- Spelling Practice Spinner (Use a paperclip and a pencil to spin. Spin the spinner and practice spelling words while doing the actions the spinner lands on.)
DON'T MISS THESE AMAZING DEALS:
- If you like my products, PLEASE FOLLOW ME by clicking on the words that say "Follow Me" at the top op my store page! I offer a 20% discount on new products for 24 hours!!! If you are one of my followers, you will be the first to know when I launch new products and you will be able to buy my products at 20% OFF!
- LEAVE A REVIEW to earn credits to use on future sales. Here's what to do:
- Earn TpT Credits for purchases on TpT. You get one TpT Credit for every $ you spend on TpT. Thing is, you only get the Credits after you Provide Feedback -- both a fair rating and a fair comment -- on the items that you purchase. We will round up for you, too! If you provide fair feedback on a $4.75 item, you will earn 5 credits. Every 100 Credits is worth $5 that you can apply towards future TpT purchases, but there is no need to wait until you have 100 to redeem them. 50 credits is worth $2.50, for example.
- How to Redeem TpT Credits: You can keep track of how many credits you have accrued here or on the top of the site after login. When you check out, you will be given the option of applying your TpT Credits to your purchase, thereby discounting your purchase price accordingly.
If you like my products and would like to request something specific, please email me at email@example.com and I'll be happy to create something for you.