: These colorful puzzles add a little fun to practicing word building with CVCs, onset & rime.
What You Need
1 word puzzle board
scrap paper for each player
a timer (optional)
- Photocopy a puzzle for each student.
- Photocopy a puzzle one between two.
- Print and laminate a puzzle for a small focus group.
- Project the PowerPoint version for the puzzle into the IWB
How to Play
1. Students sit with a pencil and paper facing the puzzle.
2. Reveal the puzzle and start the timer.
3. Students join the letters horizontally, vertically and diagonally to form words.
NB They can join the corners of touching letters to form words.
4. After 10 minutes (vary this depending on what you hope to achieve by using this puzzle).
students compare words and eliminate spelling mistakes etc.
5. Students tally the points for each word and decide on a winner.
- Play in small groups and rotate puzzles between groups.
- Introduce the puzzle Monday and score it Friday.
- Print out the puzzle for homework.
Included in this Download
10 Puzzle Boards
1 Set of Game Rules and Possible Variations
1 PowerPoint file with all the boards
CHECK OUT MY MEGA BUNDLE!
- The package includes ALL
the Math and Literacy games currently in my store PLUS
every resource I create for the next YEAR
It's like a great classroom resource that just keeps on giving. :-)
CLICK HERE to see the Mother Load :-)