This 22 page .pdf file contains the following:
1/2 page spelling test sheet
- Saves the time of numbering, saves the paper of a whole sheet!
- Numbered 1-12 (per the RS spelling test wtih 12 questions) with a blank space if you wish to include a bonus point.
7 fifteen word spelling lists that are taken from the Reading Street 1st Grade, Unit 1 lists.
- A cut and paste-able spelling list for Unit 1, Weeks 1-6 plus a review list if you wish to include another for Week 7.
- 4 spelling lists per sheet to save some paper! Perfect for pasting into journals or student planners.
- Spelling lists include the Unit and Week number, 10 spelling words, and 5 high frequency words.
- Note: Some weeks in the TE show 4 or 6 high frequency words. To keep the list consistently 5 words (for the sanity of our parents and ourselves) I have cheated some words up or down a week.
7 matching homework sheets
- Sheets are made to be printed front and back - only one peice of paper for each week!
- Sheets include homework for Monday - Thursday plus "bonus" practice.
- Monday: Trace and write 15 words
- Tuesday: Write sentences for 1-5 (words all listed for easy access)
- Tuesday Bonus Box: Match the rhyming words
- Wednesday: Write sentences for 6-10
- Wednesday Bonus Box: Create word families with the weekly skill
- Thursday: Write sentences 11-15 (high frequency words)
- Thursday Bonus: Can you spell your words without looking? Ask an adult to quiz you to find out!
Reading Street is CCSS aligned and all the spelling words are taken directly from the spelling and high frequency word lists!