Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
35.52 MB | 26 pages
This bundle includes my short vowel and long vowel spelling rules poster sets. As a former special educator, I know how difficult it can be for students to memorize all of the different spelling rules in the English language. That is why I created this product! I have broken down these rules and simplified them as much as possible by adding visuals and examples to aid with long term memory storage and retrieval. In addition to the visual aids I have come up with catchy titles (for those that did not already have titles) for each rule to help students remember them better. This bundle includes a total of 20 posters that cover six short vowel spelling rules (2 posters for each rule) and four long vowel spelling rules (2 posters for each rule). The posters are 8 1/2 x 11 inch size.
Click below to see the individual products that make up this bundle.
The following rules are covered: SHORT VOWELS
• The Floss Rule - doubling the final consonant f, l, s and z
• The Rabbit Rule - doubling the middle consonant
• The Duck Rule - when to spell a word with -ck (v. -k)
• The Pitch Rule - when to spell a word with -tch (v. -ch)
• The Bridge Rule - when to spell a word with -dge (v. -ge)
• The Doubling Rule - doubling the final consonant when adding a suffix LONG VOWELS
•‘Y’ Acting like a Vowel
•‘i’ before ‘e’ Except after ‘c’