This bundle includes my short vowel and long vowel spelling rules poster sets. As a former special educator, I know how difficult it can be for students to memorize all of the different spelling rules in the English language. That is why I created this product! I have broken down these rules and simplified them as much as possible by adding visuals and examples to aid with long term memory storage and retrieval. In addition to the visual aids I have come up with catchy titles (for those that did not already have titles) for each rule to help students remember them better. This bundle includes a total of 22 posters that cover seven short vowel spelling rules (2 posters for each rule) and four long vowel spelling rules (2 posters for each rule). The posters are 8 1/2 x 11 inch size.
Click below to see the individual products that make up this bundle.
The following rules are covered:
• The Floss Rule - doubling the final consonant f, l, s and z
• The Rabbit Rule - doubling the middle consonant
• The Duck Rule - when to spell a word with -ck (v. -k)
• The Pitch Rule - when to spell a word with -tch (v. -ch)
• The Bridge Rule - when to spell a word with -dge (v. -ge)
• The Doubling Rule - doubling the final consonant when adding a suffix
• The Gentle Cindy Rule - when c and g say /s/ and /j/
•‘Y’ Acting like a Vowel
•‘i’ before ‘e’ Except after ‘c’
You might also be interested in my:
Don't forget to leave feedback and earn TpT credit!
Let's Stay Connected! Click here to follow my store!
To receive updates on new and current products, follow me in these locations: