SPELLING LESSON AND GAME:
Spelling teaches students to spell words correctly using common Spelling Rules (i before e, e before i, silent e, final y, double the consonant, adding es, and adding ves) with a Common Core-aligned Lesson and hands-on Spelling activities:
• EIGHT FULL COLOR Spelling Rules Posters-print, laminate, and hang!
• a two page Reading Passage about Spelling Rules with highlighted Text Features
• Questions about the Spelling Lesson to assess informational text comprehension
• a Close Reading Activity featuring Main Ideas and Details (great for Interactive Notebooks!)
• FULL COLOR "Spell It!" Game to practice Spelling Rules-just print, laminate, and use!
Spelling, aligned with these 3rd Grade Common Core READING and LANGUAGE Standards (CC.3.RI.1, CC.3.RI.4, CC.3.RI.5, CC.3.L.2e, CC.3.L.2f), can be purchased separately, or as part of our 3RD GRADE COMMON CORE LANGUAGE UNIT
We've included color copies of the Spelling lesson for your White Board, black and white versions of the lesson and Spelling activities to make copies for your students, and answer pages.
Download the Spelling Preview to see the complete Lesson Plan, Common Core alignment, and samples from the lesson and Spelling activities.
MORE 3RD GRADE COMMON CORE LANGUAGE RESOURCES
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING SPELLING EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2012-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.