PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Spelling activities. Spelling can be FUN!
These SPELLING TAB-ITS® can be used with ANY Word LIST from your Spelling Words, Word Wall, High-Frequency Words, or Sight Words!
These Spelling Tab-Its® can be used for Morning Work, Classwork, Homework, or even during Literacy Stations for your Word Work….they are extremely versatile! They fit perfectly into your Interactive Notebooks!
The Tab-Its® Booklet is broken down into days of the week. Each Tab is for a specific day of the week from Monday - Friday.
There are 5 - 6 different CHOICE ACTIVITIES that you can add to each day of the week so your students can practice spelling their words. There are over 600 DIFFERENT COMBINATIONS of booklets you can make with the activity choices in this resource.
Here are the activity choice for each day of the week:
The first page of the Tab-Its® Booklet does not have a tab. This is the page where your students will write their weekly words. The rest of the tabs go behind this page. There are choices for 10, 15, or 20 words for your word list, which gives you the opportunity to differentiate this booklet for each of your students! The activity choices get progressively harder throughout the week.
There are 6 different cover choices for your Tab-Its® booklets.
* write your words 2 times each (10, 15, or 20 words)
* ABC Order 2 times each (10, 15, or 20 words)
* rainbow words (in a rainbow)
* Picture It (for pictures with sentences or definitions)
* Spelling Sorter by number of letters in the word
* ABC order 2 times each (10, 15, or 20 words)
* It's Rhyme Time
* Connect-a-Word (somewhat similar to a crossword)
* Consonant Color Craze (write vowels and consonants in color)
* Box It Up (write words and box small and tall letters)
* Be a Sentence Superhero (sentence creation)
* What's the Question (writing interrogative sentences)
* Subject and Predicate Practice
* Text It (write Text messages using spelling words
* Ransom Words (cut and paste words using ransom letters)
* Add It Up (using Scrabble tiles to add up words)
* Comic Strip creation (create comic strip dialogue with words)
* Boggle It (write words in Boggle board and make new words)
* Let's Write a Story!
* Let's Write a Letter
* Super Duper Sentence Builder (use STRONG nouns, verbs, adj)
* Syllable Sorter
* additional writing lines for the back of the Tab-Its® pages
On Friday's pages there is a choice of a Practice Test for the students to take at home if they are using the Tab-Book for homework or classmate partners can give practice tests to each other for morning work. Or, there is an actual TEST page for Friday where the students will take their spelling test directly in the Tab-Its® Booklet.
These Spelling Tab-Its® Booklets have EVERYTHING you need to have your students practice their weekly words in a FUN and Interactive way!
keyword search: Tab-Its®, tabbed book, Layered Tab Book, layered book, flip flap book®, flip flap tab book, holidays throughout the year, back to school