Spelling activities for any list of words - ESL Any Level
Create your own spelling lists for the year with this Editable File. Type in your list of words, SAVE AS and then print! It's as easy as that. Wouldn't it be amazing if - POOF! - you also had engaging and meaningful spelling activities that would help students remember their words long after they leave your classroom? Enter this Editable Spelling Book Bundle!
- Whether you've chosen words from literature, from test prep lists, from a vocabulary book, spelling lists from a non-fiction piece or hand-selected words you think your students should know, the exercises in this book will complement them perfectly.
- This book is formatted with TWO PAGES on one sheet to save on paper and printing woes. How many teachers have that problem? ;)
- You can use and re-use this book for YEARS to come.
- Use this book with ANY level (perfect for differentiation) - have higher ability students complete more complex tasks and others complete simpler pages.
- Weekly Spelling List Poster (input your list here) - up to 12 words
- Two (options) for cover pages - one with Week and Date and the other with Grade and Date
- Spelling List Page (for reference)
- Alphabetical Order - students write the words in alphabetical order
- Read, Cover, Write - students will practice reading, covering the word and then writing it.
- Word Definitions - students will practice their dictionary skills by looking for the word in the dictionary then writing the meanings down in a table.
- Spelling Word Sentences - students will write sentences for each of the words in the table.
- Backwards and Forwards - students will write the letters in the words backwards and forwards.
- Antonyms & Synonyms - students will find antonyms and synonyms for each of the words.
- Consonants and Vowels - students will write how many consonants and how many vowels there are in each word.
- Syllables / Ending Sounds / Beginning Sounds - students will break up the words into syllables then find similar beginning and ending sounds words.
- Word Letter Shapes - students will try to find the words with the letter shaped boxes.
- Word Hunt - students will play this card in a game, they will hide the words in a table and swap pages with their partner so they can find the words.
See the preview for a more detailed look into these pages!
Thank you for stopping by.