Students will identify the r-controlled vowel pair and use a dry erase marker or letter manipulatives to correctly assign the letters for that sound.
It includes 11 pages of colour images (22 images total).
This resource is included in Phonics Cards Set 3
- Kindergarten and Grades 1-4+ Word Work Centers
- by Words Their Way Stage
- Students who can identify -ng and -nk sounds in phonics screeners and are ready to begin incorporating them into writing.
- Phonics Support
- Spelling Support
Working on earlier phonics stages (beginning sound through long vowels)? Check out my bundle HERE
Need more practice?
Check out these additional long vowel sets - with words and graphics which are different from this resource!
* Long A
(a-e, ai, ay)
* Long I Cards
* Long O Cards
* Long U Cards
(u-e, uw, ue, ew)
- Have students sort the cards by spelling rule.
Support Early Reading and Writing
* Sound-Letter Correspondence - Beginning Letter - Word Work Center
* Sound-Letter Correspondence - Final Letter - Word Work Center
* Sound-Letter Correspondence - Middle Short Vowel - Word Work Center
* CVC Words (middle vowel)
* Sound-Letter Correspondence - Digraphs and Blends - Word Work Center
* Grade 1 Dolch Sight Word Frog Hop Board Game
* Alphabet Word Wall/Centers Cards
Looking for more advanced phonics stages?
* Dipthongs Cards
* R-Controlled Vowels Cards
* Consonant Trigraphs
Remember to leave feedback in order to earn TPT points. Use these points for discounts on future purchases!