A spelling activity sheet that’s out of this world!
Each spelling activity sheet features one word from the spelling list on which children can practice writing and spelling the word with different space related activities.
- Adding ed/er/est/ing/y to words ending with consonant e
Uses the word list from I Can Spell 2.0
– Space Walk: Trace the spelling in lowercase, uppercase and cursive
– Write in the Milky Way: Trace the spelling with funky writing
– Alien Code: Have a go at the tricky challenge of writing the spelling backwards!
– Shooting Stars: Match each letter of the spelling to the relevant shooting stars
– Astronaut’s Washing Line: Cut out the mixed up letters at the bottom of the sheet and then stick them in the correct order to the washing line
Also includes the Spelling Star certificate to recognise excellent spelling and a guide to each section of the sheets on a Powerpoint file.
Sight words for Year 2 are available here.
Make your classroom ‘off this planet’ with the Shooting Stars
and Alien Letters
Part of the Spellings from Outer Space series