This resource contains 8 PowerPoint Presentations on the general rules to change singular nouns into plural.
- Teachers' Guide on how you can teach via the PowerPoint lessons.
There are also whole class activities in each presentations.
Content of PowerPoint Presentations - Simple rules and guidance:-
- (15 Slides) - Adding -s to nouns to make regular plurals, e.g. cat/cats
- (16 Slides) - Nouns that have irregular plurals, e.g child/children
- (21 Slides) - Nouns ending in consonant + y, e.g. baby/babies
- (29 Slides) - Nouns ending in ch, sh, s, x and z, e.g. bench/benches, box/boxes
-(21 Slides) - Nouns ending in f or fe, e.g. wolf/wolves and exceptions to the rule
- (36 Slides) - Nouns ending in o, e.g. potato/potatoes, eskimo/eskimos - adding s or es
- (17 Slides) - Nouns ending in vowel + y, e.g. donkey/donkeys
- (15 Slides) - Nouns ending in f/fe - exceptions to the rule
Includes: Whole class activities.
Exceptions to the rules are highlighted within the appropriate presentations.
In addition to the above, learning is reinforced with:-
- 30+ differentiated worksheets relating to each topic in the presentations
- 3 Multiple Choice Activity worksheets (pdf) - choosing the correct spelling of the plural relating to pictures shown.
- Writing (7 worksheets) - Sentences highlighting singular or plural nouns to be changed accordingly.
Editable and printable resources
Learning aims: Develop children's understanding of singular and plural nouns. To know some nouns have irregular plurals.
All images used are via Microsoft clipart, www.clker.com and pixabay free images/photos.
50 pages not including Slides