This resource contains 8 PowerPoint Presentations on the general rules to change singular nouns into plural.
- Teachers' Guide on how you can teach via the PowerPoint lessons.
There are also whole class activities in each presentation.
Content of PowerPoint Presentations - Simple rules and guidance:-
- (15 Slides) - Adding -s to nouns to make regular plurals, e.g. cat/cats
- (16 Slides) - Nouns that have irregular plurals, e.g child/children
- (21 Slides) - Nouns ending in consonant + y, e.g. baby/babies
- (29 Slides) - Nouns ending in ch, sh, s, x and z, e.g. bench/benches, box/boxes
-(21 Slides) - Nouns ending in f or fe, e.g. wolf/wolves and exceptions to the rule
- (36 Slides) - Nouns ending in o, e.g. potato/potatoes, eskimo/eskimos - adding s or es
- (17 Slides) - Nouns ending in vowel + y, e.g. donkey/donkeys
- (15 Slides) - Nouns ending in f/fe - exceptions to the rule
Includes: Whole class activities.
Exceptions to the rules are highlighted in the presentations.
In addition to the above, learning is reinforced with:-
- 30+ differentiated worksheets relating to each topic in the presentations
- 3 Multiple Choice Activity worksheets - choosing the correct spelling of the plural relating to pictures shown.
- Writing (7 worksheets) - Sentences highlighting singular or plural nouns to be changed accordingly.
Learning aims: Develop children's understanding of singular and plural nouns. To know some nouns have irregular plurals.
Hope you enjoy this product.
Thank you for visiting my store.
50 pages not including Slides