Spider Activities Upper and Lowercase Alphabet Fun With Spider Crafts and Games
Make practicing upper and lowercase letters especially fun with this sweet spider craft.
- Very fun activities that kept the children engaged and learning!
- So many great ideas for the beginning of the year.
Spiders are one of my young fives', favorite fun fall themes.
Each month I switch up my center and table top activities with whatever theme we have for that week. With that in mind, I designed these spider-themed activities to help my students practice upper & lowercase letters.
Each year my Y5s are super-excited to “get their turn” to visit these centers and play the games, which make letter practice a lot of fun for them. Check the PREVIEW to take a look.
- Large and small patterns to make “Clippy the spider” an alphabet clothespin game. Use for a center, assessment, whole group craftivity, game for struggling students, or fun homework assignment.
- Spiderweb letter cards (separate upper & lowercase sets) to play a variety of games with: “What’s the Mystery Letter?”, “Kaboom”, “Memory Match”, “I Have; Who Has?” and “Flip It!” (I’ve included a 4-page “tip list” filled with super-fun ideas of how to use the ABC cards.
- 5 “trace & write” worksheets to practice both upper and lowercase letters
- 3 “Spin to Win” worksheet games.
- 4 “I spy!” whole group game that practices upper or lowercase letters. Quick, easy and super-fun way to whole group assess too. One student game sheet, can be used !
- Assessment worksheet, where students match the lowercase letter to the matching uppercase letter.
- 2 individual assessment forms, one for uppercase and another for lowercase letters. Assess with one recording sheet.
- “Spider Slider” craft. Another fun way to practice and whole group assess upper or lowercase letters. Plus...
- A “spiderific” certificate of praise (4 on a page) bookmark, which students can color.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, wishing you a fun-filled time getting caught in an ABC web of learning with this sweet spider craft.
For more Spider activities click this link.
Come join the fun on Facebook for my exclusive FREEBIES & Monthly Giveaways.
Check out my educational Pinterest boards.
Don’t forget that all my new products are 40% off for 48 hours. Click the LINK to follow me & you’ll be notified of these huge savings.