Also included in
- Non-Fiction & Science Resources for the Whole Year. This massive bundle has non-fiction ELA & life science units for the entire year and covers many themes for each season. This bundle is a collection of 17 nonfiction resources. Every 'All About' nonfiction & science unit in my store isPrice $85.00Original Price $170.00Save $85.00
Do you need engaging lesson ideas and activities to teach your students all about spiders? Make learning about spiders fun with these hands-on non-fiction ELA and science mini-lessons and activities! This resource will help your first grade, second grade, or third grade students build writing skills, understand informational text and build reading comprehension while they learn interesting facts about different types of spiders.
⭐ Create anchor charts to lead your lessons and use the low-prep activities to teach a comprehensive unit that supports every student in your classroom.
⭐ Students will discover all about spiders by reading captivating non-fiction text that is written in student language and completing partner projects and independent activities.
⭐ Spider printables and materials are provided to teach how to draw and label a spider, the life cycle of a spider, conduct a spider research project, learn spider facts and vocabulary, create a spider craft, and more to fill your fall or Halloween themed unit!
What you get in this 150-page All About Spiders unit:
· Visual activity instructions for your lessons
· Non-fiction children’s book list about spiders to use for your project
· Know, Wonder, Learn (KWL) & Schema activities with anchor chart headers
· Vocabulary and fact posters with real photographs
· Vocabulary activities – matching & cards
· Fact sorting and recording pages
· Labeled diagrams of spiders
· Printable booklets for kids to fill-in, read, and draw
· Life cycle of a spider with anchor chart headers, activities, and mini books
· Spider photo analysis
· Differentiated writing prompts
· Spider directed drawing
· Spider writing and craft
· Research report booklet and writing paper
· Compare & contrast spiders to flies on a Venn Diagram
· Spider Observation journal
· Spider fact & opinion activity
**Check out the PREVIEW for a thorough look into what this resource includes!**
Why You Need the All About Spiders unit:
- This unit provides several activity and template choices making it easy to and of your students.
- are presented to your students in a fun, engaging way with photographs to keep them focused and excited to learn more.
- This resource helps you about spiders of related vocabulary and facts.
- and with the included stories and ELA activities.
- , teach, and organize the facts and vocabulary for this unit with the easy to print anchor chart pieces.
- Use the included tools to facilitate a fun spider research project!
The best part? This resource as it is comes with and everything you’d need to teach your students about spiders.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Allison M. says, "LOVED IT! A very comprehensive unit about spiders that my kids absolutely loved. The activities were engaging and appropriate and we had a blast!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Brittney D. says, "I bought this resource to partner with my Charlottes web novel study. My students love it! The resources are engaging and great pictures. Thank you!"
⭐️ Bundle & save for a discount ⭐️
♥♥The Nonfiction & Animal Science Units Whole Year Bundle is available at a HUGE DISCOUNTED PRICE. Get your entire year’s worth of engaging non-fiction and life science units (17 included) to make your yearly planning a breeze! ♥♥
The activities align to the Common Core standards for Reading Informational Texts and Writing and the Next Generation Science Standards.
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):
First grade-W.1.2, W.1.7, RI.1.1, RI.1.2, RI1.3, RI.1.4, RI.1.5, RI.1.6, RI.1.7, RI.1.9, RI.1.10
Second grade-W.2.2, W.2.7, RI.2.1, RI.2.2, RI2.3, RI.2.4, RI.2.5, RI.2.6, RI.2.7, RI.2.9, RI.2.10
Third grade-W.3.2, W.3.7, W.3.8, W.3.10, RI.3.1, RI.3.2, RI.3.3, RI.3.4, RI.3.5, RI.3.6, RI.3.7, RI.3.9, RI.3.10
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
♥Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
♥Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
♥Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
♥Join our FREE Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at email@example.com.
©2013 to Present - Proud to be Primary - Elyse Rycroft