Kids love learning about spiders! This integrated unit offers a variety of activities that can be used when learning about these little creatures in your classroom.
This unit integrates science content (spiders) and language arts (reading and writing). The activities offer your students more exposure with various ELA skills as they learn about spiders. You could easily use the materials during your science time, or if you desire, you could also use them during your reading and/or writing time.
The activities were designed to encourage individual engagement, as well as offer some opportunities for whole group engagement.
The following activities are included in this unit:
- Suggestions for Use
- Anchor Chart Header
- Spider Hat Craftivity (includes templates)
- Spider Craftivity (includes templates)
- Spider Facts Organizer (perfect for note taking)
- Spiders Can/Have/Are Organizer
- 3-2-1 Organizer
- Fact Flap Book
- True/False Pocket Book Sort
- 3 Truths and a Lie
- I Can Ask Questions
- Interactive Mini Book-TWO levels included (best used with teacher guidance; students respond to the text in different ways- i.e. create a diagram, write a caption, etc)
- Fact/Opinion Scoot
- Narrative Writing Prompt (organizer and two sets of lined paper included-handwriting lines and regular lines)
- Informative Writing Prompt (two organizers and two sets of lined paper included-handwriting lines and regular lines)
- Opinion Writing Prompt (two organizers and two sets of lined paper included-handwriting lines and regular lines)
Be sure to check out the preview file. :)