Kids are ALL interested in spiders! It's a high interest topic, and what better way to
keep them informed and intrigued than this information packed book w/color photographs, drawings, and diagrams! Each section of the book comes with written response comprehension questions that require higher level thinking skills.
Product also includes the following materials:
- Map activities about spider habitats
- Informational passages about spiders in general AND specific passages for brown
recluse, black widow, tarantula, ogre, fishing, wolf, raft, and bola spiders
- Illustrated spider vocabulary cards to hang in pocket charts or on wall
- Anchor charts
- A vocabulary notebook for each student
- Chart of spider adjectives and verbs to use for writing activity
- Worksheets that include vocabulary matches, identifying a particular spider given
specific clues, and labelling spiders
- Activities to make spider dragline diagram and spider life cycle chart
- Prewriting organizers for informational writing
- Editing checklists for students
A great way to combine science with informational reading and writing activities!