Spiders are introduced with a full color teacher read aloud book. Students create a Spider booklet as an introduction to spiders.
The six literacy centers in this resource are based on the letters in the word SPIDER. When students complete these literacy centers, they definitely will be able to spell the word SPIDER!
The six activities are:
1. Original, EASY to sing song that teaches children to spell spider. Letter cards and a fun sorting game using different fonts and a recording sheet are included with this activity.
2. Beginning sound and letter match using the letters in the word SPIDER plus a recording sheet.
3. Writing activity based on the book MISS SPIDERS TEA PARTY by David Kirk. Students create 2 lists that can be bound into a class book. A colorful cover for the class book is included.
4. Writing and Drawing activity that is based on the book “Spider, Spider, Come to Tea” by Joy Cowley. After pages are complete, they can be bound into a fun class book. A cover for the class book is included.
5. Spider Classroom Sight Word Hunt with recording sheet
6. CVC Word Spell using the letters in the word SPIDER
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW TO SEE THE COMPONENTS INCLUDED!
Common Core Standards Addressed:
RF.K.2 I can play with words, syllables, and sounds.
RF.K.3 I can decode words.
RF.K.3c I can read words by sight.
W.K.2 I can write to tell someone about a topic.
SL.K.5 I can details to drawings.
L.K.2C I can write a letter for each sound.