This Spiders Nonfiction Reading Passages product is perfect for getting your students motivated and excited about reading! Guide students in comparing, contrasting, identifying main idea and details, and pulling facts from nonfiction texts while exploring such a fun topic as spiders.
Included in this product:
1. Fact and Myth card sorting activity
2. KWL charts
3. Nonfiction articles about House Spiders and Trap-door Spiders and Nonfiction text graphic organizer
4. Nonfiction articles about Black Widows, Brown Recluses, and Tarantulas and triple Venn Diagram graphic organizer
5. Station Cards with student directions to use with small groups or science centers
6. Writing activity using “The Important Book” format (book by Margaret Wise Brown, not included)
This is a great addition to a spider unit in science, a themed unit in reading that has to do with spiders, or a fun reading activity to do during the fall or spring seasons.
Your purchase gives you a single-user license to use in your own classroom. If you have colleagues who are interested in using this product with their students, please refer them to purchase their own copy or purchase additional licenses to share.
If you like this product, check out my other Nonfiction Close Reading products! Make sure to follow “The Owl Spot” for updates on new products.