Also included in
- What a great time-saver this resource will be for your study of spiders! This amazing bundle has a Spider Escape Room, a Spider Cage Quick STEM Challenge, and a Spider Print and Read resource.NOTE: All three of the resources in this bundle may be purchased separately. NOTE: If you are looking for a$7.50$9.50Save $2.00
- Are you ready to print and have students reading in a matter of minutes? These reading comprehension sheets with informational text are perfect in so many ways. Topics are high interest and many correlate with units of study. So, get ready to tackle some science, some holiday topics, or just some fu$51.00$64.00Save $13.00
- This fabulous informational text and STEM bundle of two resources is a great way to keep students engaged. Students will read about spider topics and complete comprehension activities during your reading block. Add the STEM Challenge to build a spider container and your students will definitely ask$5.50$7.00Save $1.50
Calling all spider enthusiasts! This reading resource is all about spiders, their webs, and some unusual behaviors of a few of them. Your students will enjoy learning more about spiders! These reading comprehension sheets with informational text are great in so many ways. You are going to love the ease of printing and being ready to read in minutes. This would be great addition to your Distance Learning printed packets.
NOTE: This reading passage set is available in a printable and digital format.
NOTE: This reading resource is available in money-saving bundles:
This set features upper 3rd to fifth-grade skills of finding the main idea, determining word meaning in context, finding evidence, listing examples, inferring, and basic reading comprehension questions.
The set also makes use of non-fiction text features. You will find the use of bullets, bold print, close-ups, fact boxes, a glossary, illustrations, labels, photos, subtitles, tables, titles, and Venn diagrams.
The four reading passages are provided in two reading levels- an easier and a more challenging. The reading selections include basic information about the difference between spiders and insects, the banana spiders, different kinds of webs, and the diving bell spider. Each set of passages includes a basic worksheet in two levels.
In addition, a newspaper mock-up article page is included that has 3 more reading selections and a table showing the top 4 venomous spiders. The articles include information about two spiders that use their webs in unusual ways, the King Baboon spider, and spider fangs. There is a comprehension question page for the newspaper set and 2 graphic organizers.
All answer keys are provided. Specific skills and Common Core standards are listed on the table of contents page.
NOTE: The reading selections for this resource were written for elementary students.
NOTE: The reading levels of the passages are appropriate for upper third grade through fifth grade. This set is perfect for centers, small groups, seat work, homework, or sub days!
Specific contents of this resource are:
- Selection 1- Is It a Spider?– in 2 reading levels
- Selection 2- Going Bananas - in 2 reading levels
- Selection 3 – Spinning Those Webs -2 reading levels
- Selection 4 – The Diving Spider -in 2 reading levels
- Newspaper Page- 3 articles (The World Wide Web, Spider Spotlight, Focus on Fangs, and a data table about the top 4 most venomous spiders.
- Newspaper Comprehension page and two graphic organizers
- Answer keys for all
- Table of Contents listing levels, skills, Common Core standards, and non-fiction text features
- Teacher's Guide with notes about reading levels, standards, organization, and ideas for use
NOTE: This resource is available in a digital format.
This set is available in the BOOM card format (with some different questions):
You might also enjoy these Spider resources:
- Decimals Print and Solve (featuring Spiders)
- Spiders Flipper Book
- Spiders Escape Room
- Spiders Quick STEM Challenge
- Spiders Quick Reads
- Spiders Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
Or grab this reading resource, the Escape Room, and the STEM Challenge in a money-saving bundle:
You might also enjoy these resources:
- Animal Adaptations Print & Read
- Animal Adaptations Reading and Escape Room Bundle
- Nonfiction Text Features Booklets
- Nonfiction Text Features Posters
- Landforms Reading and Escape Room Bundle
- Space Reading and Escape Room Bundle
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches! All you have to do is follow my store. Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers are Terrific!
Keep in Touch with Teachers Are Terrific!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!